A little about me

My photo
jacksonville, FL, United States
Born in Honolulu and raised on the island of Kauai, Hawaii,I'm a Kanaka Ma'oli,my ohana is the Waiwaioles from kauai.Dedicating my recipes to my keikeis and mo'opunas.This site is to preserve my children's Hawaiian heritage and to remember the connection to the Islands as well as the Mainland

Mea māka'ika'i(visitors)

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Shoyu Chicken


Ingredients:
5 lbs Chicken thighs
3-4 cloves GarlicThumb-sized piece of ginger
Water
Shoyu Mixture:
1 C Shoyu
1 C Catsup3/4
C White sugar
Cooking Instructions:
Fill pot with enough water to cover chicken.
Boil chicken with garlic and ginger (about 30-45 minutes). Drain almost all the water from pot. Return pot to stove. Add the shoyu mixture and simmer on low for about half hour(i simma foa i hour). Oh BROKE DA MOUT'! Additional Comments: If you get dogs, no trow way da chicken brot...mix um in dere food! Hoo, da buggahs going love you, man!

No comments: